Staggering problem, climbing issue, legs weak, back, hip pain. What kind of specialist i need to see?

I am having trouble with my balance (blood pressure is good). I stagger sometimes. I have trouble climbing up stairs or climbing up on a chair to get into the kitchen cabinets. My legs don't want to hold me they are too weak. If I bend down on one knee I am not able to get back up. I am dragging my feet more often when I walk. I do have pain in my back, hips and legs. I've been going to a chiropractor for 3 weeks and not much difference at all. I just do not know what kind of specialist I need to see. Please help! Thanks, Iris
Asked On : Mon, 15 Apr 2013
The problems that you are having are more likely to be related to a nerve root weakness rather that a joint problem. It is best to consult a neurologist for a detailed evaluation and treatment.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal ,