Stage 1 hep C patient. Dr advises to take a new 12 week pill in studying process. Is it safe ?

i have a question? i have stage 1 hep c and my dr recently told me he wants to refere me to a dr in seattle that does studies on this new pill they have out for hep c i guess you take it for12 weeks and thats it and there is no interfiron in it i have no clue what the succes rate is and im not sre if i wanna take something that they are doing studies on hmm have you heard about this new 12 week ill for hep c
Asked On : Fri, 3 Aug 2012
Gastroenterologist 's  Response
thank you asking HCM
There are some new treatment for hepatitis C.
please can you ask your doctor if this medication is approved from FDA. if yes you can start this new medication.
wishing you all the best