Stabbing pain while trying to get up, fell down the stairs. Cause of pain?

My mother fell down the stairs a few days ago. She couldn't get up because of the pain in her right side right above her hip. They did xrays and everything looked ok. When she tried to get up she would feel faint and dizzy. The pain was very bad. Finally she could walk with the help of a walker. She's home and is in bed most of the time. Now when she tries to get up she has a terrible stabbing pain. So bad that she's almost fainted. The Doctor she saw said all she had was a badly bruised muscle. Why does she have this stabbing sharp pain then
Asked On : Sun, 13 Oct 2013