Stabbing pain in the middle of arch. Pain when foot is flat. Problem?

I have a sharp stabbing pain in the middle of my arch when I play basketball. I work out daily, play soccer, golf, etc and have never had this issue, only during basketball. If I sit out after it starts and take my shoe off and then put it back on after a while the pain goes away. It only hurts when I put my foot flat, not if I'm on my toes or side of my feet
Asked On : Fri, 11 Oct 2013
I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. In my opinion there must be injury to a ligament which is causing such type of pain. Usually when you play basketball you have to work on your foot more so due to strain some times there will be some injury and it will be normal by itself. If possible give some rest to you legs and at night sleep with foot elevated. Thank you.