Stabbing pain in stomach radiating to groin and legs. Also have cold sweat. How to cure?

My husband has been complaining of sharp, stabbing pains in his stomach , that radiate into his groin and leg. At first it was on the right side, now he says it is on both sides. He says it is so painful when it hits, that if he is standing or walking, it s everything he can do not to collapse. He also says he breaks out into a cold sweat? Help?
Asked On : Mon, 4 Jun 2012
Diabetologist 's  Response
Dear madam

Stabbing pain in the stomach might occur due to many causes

1. Calculi in the kidney, gall bladder
2. H pylori infection in the stomach
3. Reflux esophagitis or gastritis
4. Disc prolapse or compressions

To get evaluated for all these. You need to do usg abdomen, with esophagoscopy and usg kidney, ureter and bladder