Stabbing pain in right thigh, above knee, no swelling, rashes. Sudden neuropathy?

My husband is having intermittent stabbing pain in his right thigh just above the knee . He can barely stand up when it happens. Lasts about 3to5 seconds. He has been standing for long periods on cement floor, not moving much for a few days. Has happened three times in the last hour. No apparent swelling , no rash , no heat in area, no sign of stings or bites. Sudden neuropathy? Lack of proper hydration? Reply to YYYY@YYYY
Asked On : Mon, 22 Oct 2012