Stabbing pain in ribs and intercostal muscles, Difficulty in coughing and sneezing, suffered from flu

I have had a strange stabbing pain in the ribs and intercostal muscles under my left breast for about 4 days now - the pain is definitely not coming from the breast tissue itself and there are no lumps or changes that I can find. The pain is worse at night when I have not been wearing a bra for a while, but the band does rest on the area of the pain. It also hurts to cough/ sneeze , and I did get over a bad episode of the flu about a week before the pain began. Any ideas what might be wrong?
Asked On : Sat, 26 May 2012