Stabbing pain in chest with breathlessness, palpitations, frothy urine. Report shows high cholesterol and gamma levels. Suggestions ?

Hi About 2 years ago I was taking regular intensive exercise and had been for around a year ....90 minutes on a tread mill at 8km/hr with 22kg in my pack 4-5 days per week plus 500 press ups every night (10x50). One morning I woke up with a stabbing pain in my chest (left) and started to become breathless intermittently.I was also experiencing waves of palpitations and frothy urine . I thought that I had ruptured a muscle or something and decided to rest and eat a lot of protein . The problem persisted intermittently and after about a month or so I went to the dr. Blood test were taken and she advised my cholestrol was 9.5 and needed to come down to 5.5. Diet advice was given. Over the last 2 years I have been fairly strict with my diet but some of the symptoms would return from time to time, particularly the palpitations. Recently I had a blood test taken (different medical practice which does not have access to previous blood test results) and the results indicated that my cholestrol now stands at 6.2 but my gamma levels (which were not a concern 2 years ago following the initial blood test) are at 148. I drink alcohol every Friday (around 17 units) and to a lesser extent every other Saturday (probably around 10-12 units). The dr advises that I should stop drinking for 6 weeks and have further blood tests then. The dr wasn t really interested in discussing the history which I have described above. Looking at the whole picture , do you see another angle on this ?
Asked On : Tue, 28 Aug 2012