Stabbing pain behind the ear. Tried different medications. Cure?

My stabbing head pain only lasts a second or so but comes and goes several times a day and night - very painful & stabbing up left of my head behind ear (pain goes as fast as it comes) - I ve had my [present ache for 4 days now - these head aches come every couple years and they last for doc has given me a proper diagnosis & always a diff med to try (meds that I m not anxious to try). I was young in my 40 s when they started & am now in my 70 s. I am a very busy & active person. any ideas? thank you - Ann
Asked On : Wed, 6 Mar 2013