Stabbing back pains, occasionally throbbing and accompanied with anxiety. HIDA scan done. Possible causes?

Hi. Three months ago, I began having pains in my back that feel like twisting stabs to my left shldr blade, sometimes throbby pain, accompanied by anxiety . Sometimes it s accompanied by dull pain in the upper abdomen in the center just below where my ribs meet. My GI doctor ordered a HIDA scan to investigate the gallbladder function. I m scared because a friend said a man she knew died recently from pancreatic cancer , and the first symptom he had was stabbing back pain . I would like to know if you have any suggestions other issues this pain may be related to, or other tests I should discuss with my doctor. Thank you
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012