Squinting in eye with bright lights, watering on not squinting. What could the cause be?

Iam 57 yrs old.For about the past year, whenever i am in a room with bright lights,sunlight,on the computer as the screen is bright I squit to see better.the bright lights make me squint just like the eyessee better when i do that.If i dont squint my eyes feel like they are straining or they feel like they will water.they dont water cause i dont give them a chance cause then they squint and it ok.If there is a bright light and i put my hand by my eyebrows to make a sheild they are fine.In the sun i wear sunglasses over my glasses.Even on a day when it isnt sunny but on the bright side i wear my sunglasses.Cloudy day iam good.
Asked On : Wed, 31 Oct 2012