Squeezing in heart, heaviness in chest, loss of breath, normal EKG and ECG, symptoms recurring after getting off metoprolol tatrate. Suggestion?

I have a sensation of squeezing or pinching in my heart on the left side of my chest as well as a heaviness in that area. I also have spurts of heart pounding and feeling out of breath. I have had an ekg and echo cardiogram as well as a chest xray which ALL came back NORMAL. I was put on metoprolol tartrate for the symptoms but recently came off the 25 mg pill which I was taking once per day (gradually over 1 week). What is going on here??? If it is not a heart thing what is it?? Thanks!!
Asked On : Mon, 20 Aug 2012