Sprained ankle, using ACE wrap, icing swollen area. Red rashes around both ankles. What could it be?

Hi, I sprained my right ankle 10 days ago. I went to the doctor who took x-ray and informed that it was only a bad sprain. I am wearing ACE-Wrap, and a soft ankle support/cast that the doctor prescribed. I am also regularly ICING the swollen area. Since a few days, some RED rashes have developed around my ankle (on the side opposite to the swollen side). Today, some of these rashes have showed up on the other ankle too. Any idea what this could be, and how can I treat it?
Asked On : Mon, 11 Jun 2012