Sprained ankle, swelling, pain causing nausea, popping sound while turning foot. Should I consult doctor?

One year ago I sprained my ankle. My PCP had x-rays done, but there were no breaks. I still suffered swelling and pain after a month, so he sent me to see a orthopedic surgeon. He said I had a grade 2 sprain. He sent me for physical therapy . I could only participate for 3 sessions because of the cost. However, it has been one year since I sprained it and I am still suffering significant pain, pain that causes me nausea . There is random swelling, and a popping sound when I turn my foot in a circle. I also have numbness in my toes daily. I cannot walk flat on my foot, I have to walk on the side of my foot to avoid more pain. Is it just never going to heal or should I make another appointment with my doctor? I also still have my boot from when I originally sprained it, would you recommend wearing it again? Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Mon, 10 Dec 2012