Sprained ankle, swelling, lump on foot. Wearing compression bandages. MRI scheduled. Serious condition?

I had a mild to moderate sprain to my ankle a month ago. Had some swelling which went away after a week but now I have a lump on the side of my foot . Doesn t really hurt of isn t painful. My dr. had me wear a compression bandage for a few weeks and it didn t go away completely but is a little smaller now. Had sprained this ankle very severely years ago and it has always been weak. Did not seek medical attention at that time. Having an MRI on Monday. Should I be concerned about the lump being something serious?
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012