Sprained ankle, pain during walking and running, treatment options ?

Sprained my ankle 11.5 weeks ago in soccer. Went to plant my foot to change direction to go mark a player and went over on my ankle with my toes moreso pointing down. Heard some stretching noises while I went over on it. Immediately hobbled off the field unable bear weight . Iced it off and on till the next afternoon when I got it X-ray d and they said no broken bones just a sprain. I started to see a physio the next week and have been two times a week since. At 5 weeks I tried playing (aka running around on the field while my team was playing) and it hurt across the top outer part of my ankle. I thought this was normal pain so tried playing basketball on it a few days later and after that the next few days hurt more too. I have tested ever since and my PT started to think it was a high ankle sprain . The pain was more Obviously across that top part of my ankle now rather than just a general not Feeling well. I took it a lot easier after this and didn t take stairs when I could avoid it. Walking wasn t painful if I wasn t on my feet or walking for a long period of time. It is more When I run and put full weight on my ankle that it hurts. I am now noticing it is aching more on the outside of my ankle leg above where the high ankle sprain would be. It kills in the morning when I first walk on it and then seems to adjust and is ok if I am not waking intensely on it for a long time. Is there anything else this could be other than a sprain? I feel like it hasn t gotten much better which is weird to me since I have been doing physio for so long.
Asked On : Tue, 24 Apr 2012