Spotting, scanty period flow, blood only on wiping. What can be wrong?

My period was due the 27-28. On the 28th I saw light very dark brown spotting, that proceeded on the 29th. There is hardly any discharge on my pad but I do see some when I wipe. I ve never had any issues with my period before. It usually comes with a heavy flow by the 2 nd day when it s due. Now it is not flowing at all, I only see light blood when I wipe. I m really worried because I have no idea what can be wrong since this is something very new to me. Please help!!!
Asked On : Wed, 3 Oct 2012