Spotting, prolonged light bleeding. Abnormal ultrasound of uterus. Causes and treatment?

I have been bleeding for 2 months now. It all started in Nov. 2012 when I did get my period and a week later i was spotting. 2 weeks later i took a pregnancy test and negative. Then the rest of the month I kept on bleeding but very light. Then On Dec 5 2012 I began to bleed even heavier and never stop bleeding till this day. I finally went to the doctor around the beginning of Jan 2013 and they did a urine test also came out negative, but they did an ultrasound and there was something in my uterus but doctor was not sure what it could be... Any advice please.
Asked On : Sat, 26 Jan 2013
Mar 2013
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Unfortunately it is very difficult to comment on your condition without having the specifics.
I need to know the ultrasound report that you mentioned.
Please write in to me , with the report uploaded, on
That will help me to guide you better.
As such, going by the symptoms that you describe, it could be any of the following conditions -
1. A miscarriage
2. Ectopic pregnancy
3. Fibroid in the uterus
4. Endometrial hyperplasia
5. Adenomyosis.
Please do write back with more details.