Spotting, painless, not sexually active, cycling

Hello age is 22 ..sexually not active...i had light red spot on tissue today on tissue ..same finding i got yesterday...its not heavy bleeding ...just 3-5 spots on tissue once yester and once today on geting up after going to the washroom...its not painful at al....although i go for cycling nite beefore yester nite
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
hello and thank you for asking HCM,

I understand your concern but you didn't mention when was your last period so it is a little bit difficult. Sometimes spotting occurs during ovulation, this is the time in your menstrual cycle approximately 14 days before the first day of the next expected period. It can also be connected with your cycling. Sitting on a hard bicycle seat and pedaling furiously - with no cycling exercise history, or after a long absence from cycling. The pressure against a hard seat can cause mild spotting.
If your bleeding stopped, than there is no reason for fear. But if it appears again or become much heavier, than visit your gynecologist.

I hope this answer was helpful to you.