Spotting, pain in pelvic area after masturbation. Bleeding after intercourse. Possible cause?

Hi Doctor, I want to know what causes bleeding after intercourse. I was masturbating a few days ago (no toys) and realized that I had dried up after a minute of starting and decided to give up. From then on, throughout the day til yesterday I have been spotting and had a slight pain in my pelvic area. I had intercourse last night with no pain at all until the end, afterwards I saw that I bled a bit. What could have caused this? Could it be the masturbation although I hardly got a chance to do anything?
Asked On : Mon, 25 Mar 2013