Spotting, lower back pain, delayed periods, HPT negative. Could I be pregnant ?

Hi! In late Jan. I had a normal period. Then in the beginning of Feb I began spotting for a few days. I had lower back pain & thought I could be pregnant. I began lightly spotting again at the end of Feb for a few days. Just went to my OB yesterday & did another urine pregnancy test & it was negative. I m still having lower back pain. My OB scheduled me for a pelvic ultrasound and blood work for next week. Could I be pregnant?
Asked On : Sat, 9 Mar 2013