Spotting instead of regular menstruation. Normal for 47 year old woman?

i am 47 years old..and this is the 2nd time i have my delayed menstruation ... i have a regular 24 to 28 days cycle..i got worried few days ago i started spotting..for2 to 3 days ..then came a little flow of blood after 3days of spotting..and i am i think 3 days menstruating..i wonder if this is normal for a 47 years old like me whom i am candidate menopausal..for more than a year i am having a 3 to 4 days heavy menstruation..
Asked On : Sat, 10 Nov 2012