Spotting in menstrual period,birth control pills,unprotected sex

I ve been on birth control and I always start my period 3 days into my placebo pills . The day before my period I had unprotected the day before my period which was on Tuesday. The day when my period was suppose to come all I had was a very small amount of spotting, only once and then nothing else. That has never happened before and now today I have a little more spotting but hardly much more than yesterday which also has never happened before. My period is not the same as it usually is... at all. Is there any possibility that I could have gotten pregnant and when would be the time to take a pregnancy test just to make sure?
Asked On : Mon, 30 Apr 2012