Spotting, heavy bleeding. Taking contraceptive pills. Is it normal?

i have just finished my first lot of pills and having my 7 day break tomorrow but half way through i noticed spotting but it got heavier a few days later. it has now got lighter is this normal? should i have my 7 day break tomorrow or should i carry on with my next set of pills. is what happening normal or should i be worried. i am taking yasmin by the way
Asked On : Fri, 27 Apr 2012
it is not uncommon to have some spotting when you first start using birth control pills, and it may even continue for a few months. however, you can expect it to stop and your periods should be regular after a few months. if it continues despite using the pills every day, ask you doctor if he/she can switch you to another pill and to check to make sure there is no other reason for the spotting such as some kind of infection or polyp. however, that is rare, and I don't think you need to worry at this point. I hope this is helpful, please let me know if you have any more questions.