Spotting, heartburn, stomach cramps after taking birth control pill. Negative pregnancy test. What is this?

Hi, I double took my pill as i was going away, while i was abroad i noticed some spotting and have had heartburn and tummy cramps . I took a pregnancy test the following saturday and it was negative but i heard this could be too early for the pregnancy to show anyway, a friend said spotting can be caused from flying although i ve never experienced this before. I ve had cramps and period pains on and off for the past week and an not due on until next Tuesday? What do you think this is?
Asked On : Tue, 22 May 2012
The double dose of the birth control can be the cause of spotting that you are having. This is not suggestive of pregnancy.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal ,