Spotting during periods, foul smell, yellow discharge. On implanon birth control. Treatment?

I recently had Implanon implanted a little over 3 months ago. I have had a spotty period since and my doctor said I would most likely experience this for the first 4 months. But I have recently had a very foul odor and, just today, noticed a yellow discharge on my tampon . The odor has been going on for at least 2 weeks. Is this normal for this birth control . Friends have told me that an odor is normal around the end of their period. I just want to make sure I have no infection.
Asked On : Fri, 17 Aug 2012