Spotting brown blood mid-cycle, negative pregnancy test. Have ovary problem. Reason?

I am 26, have a 3 year old son. I did have an ovarie removed when I was younger due to a cyst . Well, I had a very short period a week ago Wednesday-Friday morning.. It s a little over a week later I am spotting very light brownish blood . I m concerned I am having issues with my ovarie or I may be pregnant. I took a test, it was negative but it may be too early to tell. Is there any other reason for a short period and light spotting a week later?
Asked On : Fri, 9 Nov 2012
In view of your past history and your present symptoms, it appears as though you have some hormonal imbalance and thus are experiencing breakthrough bleeds. In this context, I would ask you to see a specialist for a proper evaluation and look for the possibility of any ovarian cysts. Proper management at an early stage would obviate the need for radical steps later on. A trans-vaginal sonogram should clarify the issue and should also confirm/exclude a pregnancy. Hope your query has been answered. Wish you good health.