Spotting blood, having mild cramps ever since the D&C. How longer should this bleeding last?

I had a D & C 7 days ago. I am 67 years old and was on HRT for 17 years. I stopped taking HRT two months ago when I experienced breakthrough bleeding the fourth time and I decided it was time to stop. The D&C was cautionery, to make sure there isn t any cancer involved. My dr said everything looked fine and he didn t see any signs of cancer and the tissue sample was going to be tested. I have been spotting blood and having mild cramps ever since the D&C. I change my pad about 3 times a day so the bleeding is not heavy, just there. The cramps are subsiding and I take Tylenol for discomfort. How much longer should this bleeding last?
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013