Spotting before periods, tiredness, fever, nausea. HPT negative. Symptoms of UTI?

ten days before my period is to arrive, i started spotting only showed on toilet paper. Spotting lasted about 3 days. I have been very tired, nauseated, fever . Could I have a UTI? I have been told that I have a high tolerance to pain when it come to UTIs. Suppose to start today, haven t yet. Took a hpt , negative.confused?
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Welcome to Healthcare-Magic
Greetings of the day

Your symptoms are possibly due to pre-menstrual syndrome.
In case you have increased frequency of urination, dyuria or painful micturation, urgency then its advisabe to get urine routine examination done
In case you need any further assistance, will be glad to assist you.

Wishing you happy and healthy life

Take Care

Best Regards
Dr T Shobha Deepak