Spotting before periods, heavier, preponed periods. Stopped contraceptive pills. What could be the reason?

Hi I have been trying for a baby for 3 months and came off birth control pill in January. when I came off of the pill I continued to have a regular 28 day cycle, however, since I have been trying to concieve I have had spotting for about 5 days before my period is due and this month it started 8 days before my period and was heavier than before but not as heavy as a period. what could be causing this? thanks
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012