Spotting and cramping after period. Due to tampon remaining inside?

I got my period on Friday. It was heavy all day. Saturday the same. I couldn t sleep Saturday night and was up until about 530am. Around 3am I got up to use the bathroom. I can t remember if I took my tampon out before putting in the next one because I flushed. My period has been almost non existant since then just spotting and cramping. Could the tampon still be in me. I ve felt all around and can t feel anything. But I m frwaking out and too embarrassed to go to the doctor. I just wish I could remember if I took the tampon out. Could it still be there? Wouldn t I know? Or is that why the bleeding stopped because its still in me?
Asked On : Fri, 1 Feb 2013
Mar 2013
A tampon retained high inside the vagina could cause diminished flow.
Please understand that logically there is no way to confirm this apart from consulting a gynecologist, which you should do at the earliest, because apart from decreased bleeding, it could cause severe infection and other complications.