Spotting and bleeding twice in a month. Why frequent urination? Why pain in neck and swollen throat?

For the first time this month I had to periods one on the 2nd and the other on the 14th.. ever since the 14th I have been bleeding and having alot of spotting.. My doctor told me to start birth control so thta it can regulate because I have a history of abnormal periods such as skipping months. I started the birth control ( nuvaring ) it seems like from there it hit rock bottom. I think now I have a UTI .. I thought thecrazy symptoms such as frequent urination and minor burning when urination and spotting came from the birth control. It has gotteo bad that I have taken the nuvaring out and I feel a little relieved.. However iI still was having the same symptoms but not as intense. So I started to drink Cranberry Juice because I figured its a denfinatly UTI. I am still bleeding off and on and the bathroom runs have decreased a little bit. Now for some reason Im having pains in my neck and throat as if it swollen.. I not sure what the reason for any of this.. I really would like to understand what this can be caused by.
Asked On : Tue, 31 Jul 2012