Spotting after taking yasmine birth control pills. When will I have normal periods? Pregnancy chances?

hi my name is ivy i have been on the birhtcontrol yasmine since september 2, 2010 and the last pill i have taken was june 4, 2012. and a week i think after that i had some spotting for a couple of days. And now im wondering how long does it take for my normal period to return? and i also had unprotected sex july 1st and 2nd. Could there be a possibility i could get pregnant soon? or do i have to ovulate first to get pregnant?
Asked On : Mon, 9 Jul 2012
Mar 2013
Hello Ivy
Thanks for writing to us with your health concern.
Generally, normal periods after stopping birth control, resume within 3 months, sometimes it might take longer, upto 6 months.
Ovulation might resume earlier, if you wish to avoid pregnancy, protection is a must.