Spotting after positive pregnancy test. Is this normal or common ?

Hello: I am an 30yo female with 2 children, carried full term with no complications. The first day of my last menstrual period was 13 Dec 10. We normally practice the withdrawal method but on 23 Dec 10, my husband did not pull out. I have sinced missed my period. I took my first pregnanct test on 13 Jan 11 it yeilded a positive result. Yesterday (14 Jan 11), I took 2 pregnancy tests (different brands, one digital) both tested positive. Later I had sex with my husband, whom (pardon me for being blunt) is rather well endowed (TMI, I know). This morning (15 Jan 11) I woke up and experienced some spotting upon visiting the loo, but no cramping. I woke up around 10:30am EST and it now 4:02pm EST and the spotting has stopped. I dont know what to think, I never experienced this with my other children. Is this normal or common ? I have a friend who says she got periods for for 2 months with her second child and had spotting with her first ? Help please. Thank you.
Asked On : Sun, 16 Jan 2011