Spotting after periods ended. Ultrasound shows pregnancy. Done HCG test. Is spotting a definite sign of miscarriage?

Ok, so i was in the ER 3 days ago because i started spotting 4 days after my menstrual ... Well i found out that i was pregnant, so they did an ultrasound ... The tech that did the ultrasound said that everything looked normal and my endometrium look nice and strong but she could see anything eles on the ultrasound.... according to my hcg levels i would be 3-4 weeks along, so the doctor ordered me for blood work in a few days to see if they are rising or not.... If i miscarried would it be evident on the ultra other then not see anything, would my endometrium be like she said it was?? for me to be spotting is that a DEFINITE sign of miscarriage?
Asked On : Tue, 27 Nov 2012