Spotted with clots. Why did I severely bleed with stomach cramps later?

I hadn t had a period sense march this year, but i did spot for 2-3 days every month. I had major clots one day every month. I went to a doctor on friday because i believed i was going through a false pregnancy . She poked and prodded, the next day I woke up with severe cramps , and was practically gushing blood . After 2 hrs i had to remove both pads. It died down in 6 hrs. That was on saturday. Today i went to the bathroom, and i had been barely spotting, but when i wiped it was bright in color, gooey, and had a very strong disgusting odor. I do not use tampons, they scare me. Then an hour later i felt almost like a pinch like burning sensation. It kind of itched too. What could be wrong?
Asked On : Sun, 23 Sep 2012