Spotted lightly, tampons nearly clean. Had protected sex. Reason for spotting?

I spotted very lightly last night when I went to pee I figured I started my period so I put on a tampon so when I woke up the tampon was nearly clean with a little brown spot so I put on another tampon same thing happened and same thing with te 3rd so now I m just wondering what it could be I haven t had unprotected sex in about 3 months but I have had protected sex about a month ago what could this be, I recently just started a new job feb 4 so I m still adjusting to times and I m a little stressed
Asked On : Mon, 18 Feb 2013