Spotted, HPT negative, severe back pain, cramps, nausea. What is wrong?

a month ago , I was suppose to get my period and it ended up very light may have even been spotting. I took two HPT s 2 weeks afterwards both came out negative. and yesterday night I had very light blood , now the morning after .. A lot had come out and I also had severe back pain and cramps and I had also been feeling nauseous does this mean I\m pregnant or had a miscarriage or was never pregnant to begin with. and if I had a miscarriage is it bad if I don t go to the doctors ...
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013