Spots on pharynx, burning throat, headaches, fever. Blood work shows high WBCs. Treatment?

Hi, I noticed today that I have yellow orange spots on my pharynx and the top of my throat burns. My son has had the same symptom for 6 days and tested negative for strep . He is also experiencing headaches , occasional fever, and constant exertion. I have no other symptoms besides the spots and burning throat. What kind of bacteria might this be? I have my son s bloodwork and urinalysis info if that might help (high white cells). Thank you for your help.
Asked On : Sun, 30 Sep 2012