Spots on armpit, painful lumps behind ear, feeling sick. Family history of thyroid issues

Hi, I am a 29yr old female 4 10 94lbs with no history of medical issues. About 1 week ago I noticed a tender spot in my left armpit so when I saw my OBGYN a few days ago I mentioned it but she did not feel anything so she was not concerned. Today I still have that tenderness but I also noticed a painful small lump behind my left ear. I know tht these can by lymph nodes and I am not feeling sick so should I be worried? I am to see my PCP a week from today for an annual check up but should I wait tht long? Also, I have a family history of thyroid issues and was thinking of having that checked. Could the two things be related?
Asked On : Thu, 7 Jun 2012