Spot sore on penis, had unprotected sex, found same kind of sore on lips. Worried. Would the both be connected?

My boyfriend has a small spot sore on the shaft of his penis from stroking it before sex. We didn t realize until today and we had unprotected sex last night and he gave me oral this morning at about 7am. At around 2, he noticed that he had a cold sore on his lip (which is not too uncommon as he gets them about once or twice a year). He is worried that the small sore on his penis has something to do with the sore on his lip. Also he said that he used more toothpaste than usual this morning and he had it on his lips . Could this have anything to do with it?
Asked On : Thu, 28 Mar 2013