Spot on vaginal opening

Hello! One day I was useing a sex toy recently and found that it was rather uncomfortable so I checked my vagina out and found a small skin/white coloured spot just outside the bottom of my vaginal opening. It stings a bit when I pee and is painfull when squeezed.I have seen it before and it has hurt but then, for a period of time, didn t hurt as much but it was still there. Any ideas of what it could be? And will it go away?
Asked On : Mon, 28 Feb 2011
Thankyou! This really helped I thought I had an STI or something! :)
Radiologist Dr. Radha Narayanan's  Response
Vaginal cysts are small fluid filled sacs that can develop in the vagina. They are caused by a number of things, and can often be treated relatively easily. Many cysts will even go away of their own accord. The cysts themselves are caused by a number of things. The most common cause is if the vagina has been cut in some way, sometimes during a biopsy or medical examination, in your case the sex toy.Most vaginal cysts will cause no problems, and will just be left but checked regularly for changes. If the cyst is abnormally large, it may have to be surgically removed,If the cyst is causing abnormal pain see a gynec.