Spot on the leg since birth. Getting harder. No pain. Need to get checked?

Hi ever since my son was born he has this 2inch spot on his leg. Normally it's a slightly darker color than his skin tone but when he gets cold or hot or you rub it, it gets hard and kind of prunes up and has a white/greenish/kinda purple color to it. What could that be? It does not seem to hurt or bother him. It had tiny fine hairs on it.
Asked On : Sat, 30 Mar 2013
May be haemangioma..It may grow for some time and go spontaneous regression..If it bleeds or infected or for cosmetic reason, u can get removed..First confirm the diagnosis with dr