Spot on knee, redness, pimples around it. Using bactracin. Suggestions?

My daughter had a spot on her knee that looked like a scrape, has had it for a wk complaining that it hurt, I put bactracin on it. She said today it stilll hurts I looked at it again, its still there real red and around it there are 4-5 other spots that are smaller like pimple or wart size, I have no idea what it is but looks like its spreading. The bigger original spot smaller than a dime but is still red and doesn t look any better.
Asked On : Fri, 28 Dec 2012