Spot on inner part of buttocks, hard and painful, developed scab and then a hole, with blood drainage

My boyfriend had a spot on the inner part of his right butt cheek it felt kinda hard for well over a month and sometimes would hurt him if he sat wrong but wasnt a constant pain i kept an eye on it n the other day he said it felt like it had a scab on it and a hole in it so i looked at it there was no scab but it had blood under the surface he had me take a needle and put a whole in it when i did so bllod gushed out and i could feel something popping almost under the skin like a zit popping. Todayhe said it had been seeping blood and stuff since then so i took a look at it i was shocked when i seen it and it was now a decent size hole with what looks like a piece of skin comming out of it that is very much attached on the inside. I looked at pictures of boils and it doesnt look like a boil. He doesnt want to go to the hospital but i dont know what to do or what it Is so we can treat it. Please help!!
Asked On : Tue, 8 May 2012
From your description, it seems that your boy friend is having some serious problem on his butt cheek. It is not something that you can treat on your own with over the counter medicines.
he needs an immediate medical attention to control the bleeding and the impending infection in the area.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Praveen Tayal
General & Family Physician Dr. Smrithi's  Response
Welcome to HCM
From your history it looks like there might be a tract which is connecting the skin and interior. Through this space only the blood might be seeping. Better to get examined by a surgeon. Hope this answers your query.