Spot on eye, not malignant, no vision changes, periphiral is excellent. What it could be?

Going to a surgeon/ophtalmologist/specialist at Ohio St U for 2nd opinion in the Am tomorrow because of a spot on my eye that has changed some in the last 5 yrs. I haven t been told anything except just my local specialist making sure it is not malignant. I have a feeling it will be but are there other things it could possibly be? No vision changes,pheriprial is excellent, pressure 12 in one 14 other.
Asked On : Wed, 20 Mar 2013
  Anonymous's Response
I recommend Dr. Richard Orlando, an ophthalmologist in Dublin. Cancerous spots usually are associated with increased blood flow (general redness) or a single "feeder" blood vessel. If no increased blood supply, not likely cancerous, particularly if you're below age 50. Good luck.