Spot in inner calf, red, sore, swollen, hard. Blood test normal. Taken aspirin. Reason?

Three weeks ago I noticed that on my inner calf I had a spot that was a little red, sore, swollen and hard. I went to my family doctor who sent me to the hospital for a blood test . The hospital said it was normal and I went home. After this, my leg was bruised on the inner calf down to around the inside of my ankle and it still felt hard and still a little swolleln. I waited to see if it would go away and it didn t so I went to see another doctor at the clinic. He said it is superficial phlebitis and to take two aspirin at 325g daily. It has been three weeks and it is pretty much not bruised any longer but it still feels hard along what I think could be a vein . It doesn t hurt unless I press hard on it, then it hurts a little. I am, however, still a little worried as I will be flying next Saturday, Nov 17. I have read things on the web and some say not to worry while others say I need an ultrasound in case there is some DVT that may be hiding. The doctor said it should go away soon but is it okay to fly in the meantime? thanks worried
Asked On : Wed, 14 Nov 2012