Sports injuries, asthma. Knee and back surgery done. Can steroid inhalers weaken cartilage?

Hello,my son is 26 years old and is a involved in sports,he has had a lot of injuries over the years,including back surgery, knee surgery and some more too.He is on inhaers for asthma since he was very young and recently a chiropracter told him that the steriods in the inhalers has weakened the cartilage in his body.Do you think that is correct? why didnt anyone tell us sooner that this could happen and what does the future hold for him healthways?
Asked On : Sun, 22 Jul 2012