Sporadic sharp piercing pain in the head lasting for few seconds. Cause and cure?

I am experiencing a sharp, piercing pain in my head that only lasts for a few seconds at a time. The pain is so excruciating that it is debilitating. The pain comes completely out of the blue, and is unprovoked. It will last for anywhere from 2-5 or so seconds then will generally go away completely, as if it never happened. Occasionally, a lingering dull pain will remain in that spot, or migrate to the front of my head, but not always. They are very sporadic. I will have these episodes every few minutes, or hours. Sometimes this will go on for a few hours, all day, for several days, or even weeks. Then I will not have the pain again for a few days, weeks, or even months. VERY SPORADIC
Asked On : Fri, 7 Dec 2012