Sponge like feeling to the area hit on the shin bone, aggravates on being touched, itching after months of injury. Normal?

I took a fall on vacation in July... Fell onto a metal chair (Lower leg) Not directly on the shin bone, a little to the right if you are looking at it. Immediately black & blue/swollen. Progressively got worse. Bruise expanded, swelling stayed the same for a few weeks. There is now a sponge like feeling to the area. It appears discolored beneath the skin, and continues to be swollen (some days worse than others). If I have a sock on that is touching the area, seems to aggravate it & swells more. Ankle area is swollen also most of the time. Still throbs at times. Is also quite itchy? I never went to the doctor... figured if it were broken, I wouldn t be able to walk on it. Is it normal for it to still be feeling like this 5 months later? Very frustrating! Are there complications that I should be concerned about that would be causing it to not heal?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Dec 2012